To qualify for a UCEF Grant you must meet the following requirements:
- Family must have a minimum of 2 children in eligible schools to apply for UCEF grants.
- Family must pray regularly in a Brooklyn Syrian / Sephardic community Synagogue.
- Only children in UCEF participating schools are eligible for funding, and count towards the 2 child minimum.(see faq section to see if your school is included.)
- Only children in 1st grade through 12th grade are eligible.
- UCEF will verify with the schools, that each applicant is in fact enrolled for that school year.
- The $ amount of a UCEF grant cannot exceed an individual child’s tuition cost. (Example- David is eligible for a UCEF grant of $3,000, however his total tuition cost is only $2,000. In such a case a grant will be made on David’s behalf of only $2,000)
- To be eligible for a UCEF grant, the applicant’s total tuition cost for all eligible children must be a minimum of 10% of the family’s gross income as shown on their prior year’s tax documentation.
- The ‘total cost of tuition’ is the amount of $ that the family negotiated with the schools to pay, not the schools listed rates of tuition.
- Please note you must have an open balance on this year’s tuition bill to receive the grant.
A family whose gross income is less than $100,000 per year is exempt from the 10% requirement noted above and is automatically eligible for grants if they have a minimum of 2 children in UCEF participating schools.
A family whose gross income is greater than $350,000 per year is not eligible for UCEF grants at this time.
The 2019 / 2020 grant process is now closed. If you submitted an application you will receive an email in or around April letting you know if you were approved.
If you have a question regarding filling out the form for a grant email: email@example.com or call the parent hotline – 1-800-477-8237
- You will only be awarded this years grant if you currently have 2 children in grades 1-12 from the approved School list
- If you do not submit your tax forms and your tuition statement by the deadline you will not be approved