To qualify for a UCEF Grant you must meet the following requirements:
- Family must have a minimum of 2 children in eligible schools to apply for UCEF grants.
- Family must pray regularly in a Brooklyn Syrian / Sephardic community Synagogue.
- Only children in UCEF participating schools are eligible for funding, and count towards the 2 child minimum.(see faq section to see if your school is included.)
- Only children in 1st grade through 12th grade are eligible.
- UCEF will verify with the schools, that each applicant is in fact enrolled for that school year.
- The $ amount of a UCEF grant cannot exceed an individual child’s tuition cost. (Example- David is eligible for a UCEF grant of $3,000, however his total tuition cost is only $2,000. In such a case a grant will be made on David’s behalf of only $2,000)
- To be eligible for a UCEF grant, the applicant’s total tuition cost for all eligible children must be a minimum of 10% of the family’s gross income as shown on their prior year’s tax documentation.
- The ‘total cost of tuition’ is the amount of $ that the family negotiated with the schools to pay, not the schools listed rates of tuition.
- Please note you must have an open balance on this year’s tuition bill to receive the grant.
A family whose gross income is less than $100,000 per year is exempt from the 10% requirement noted above and is automatically eligible for grants if they have a minimum of 2 children in UCEF participating schools.
A family whose gross income is greater than $350,000 per year is not eligible for UCEF grants at this time.
The 2020 / 2021 grant process is now open until March 25th. Please make sure to fill out the form and send in all documents before the deadline to be considered for this years grant.
If you have a question regarding filling out the form for a grant email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parent hotline – 1-800-477-8237
- You will only be awarded this years grant if you currently have 2 children in grades 1-12 from the approved School list
- If you do not submit your tax forms and your tuition statement by the deadline you will not be approved